Friday, January 03, 2014

2014 Goals, Books and otherwise.

One of my goals for this year is to write every day, as much as possible. I know I am capable of reading 100 books a year, so that's my goal for that. But I let writing slide this year because of wedding prep and just not having the time. I'm making time this year.

I have 3 other goals this year:

  1. Set up a home business, where I can make money outside of my day job.
  2. Get breast reduction surgery
  3. Get my license, and purchase my first car. (A jeep, if I have my way and $$)
Today's post is part of my writing project. Even if it's just a blog post I want to have written something every day. (There will of course be days where I can't get it done, but everyone has those. I don't need to spend 2 hours a night on tumblr when I can be writing instead! [Don't worry, I'll still spend 2h on Tumblr, mwahahah])

I wanted to make a top 10 list of books I read this year. I usually don't do a top 10, but I read enough books I think I could make a quick and dirty list for y'all.
  1. The Universe Versus Alex Woods, Gavin Extence
  2. Wives and Daughters, Elizabeth Gaskell
  3. Below Mercury, Mark Anson
  4. All That I Am, Anna Funder
  5. The Prisoner of Heaven, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  6. Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir, Jenny Lawson
  7. Written on the Body, Jeannette Winterson
  8. Started Early, Took My Dog, Kate Atkinson
  9. Farthing, Jo Walton
  10. Heading Out to Wonderful, Robert Goolrick
Any of these are great books, and you should read them! Haha.

No comments: