Friday, December 11, 2009

love affair with music

I've been on Last.fm since it was called Audioscrobbler. I have many good memories from this site -- I've always been interested in useless statistics, and the site provides that in spades. It records every song I've played since I started, with the exception of the time in the summer of 2008 when I was without internet access. If I had internet then, this post would have come much sooner.

For today, I reached 100,000 plays on Last.Fm. One thing I'm constantly amazed at is how well it knows me. My recommended radio is a wonderful blend of all the different stuff I listen to -- as wide and varied a list as my computer hard drive has. I've found so many useful things there. Last.Fm is where I found out that Laura Pausini would be in Montreal, and you know how that made my life.

Last.fm has also charted the change in my musical tastes over the years. It's fun to look at my charts and see what I listen to now as opposed to what I listened to even last year. I also try not to let one artist dominate the list now like Great Big Sea did for me early on. Not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

I've also discovered some new stuff solely from Last.Fm. I can't remember the names now, but I swear it's the case!


Remember, this is for posterity!

The final ten tracks to 100000:
10: After Forever - Silence from Afar
09: Laura Pausini - I Do to Be
08: Jolie Holland - Enjoy Yourself
07: Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
06: Nightwish - White Night Fantasy
05: Michael Bublé - Save the Last Dance for Me
04: Within Temptation - The Other Half (Of Me)
03: Alison Krauss - Down to the River to Pray (O Brother Where Art Thou)
02: Tragically Hip - Putting Down
01: Blackmore's Night - Windmills

So there you have it! :D

If we are not friends on last.fm we can become so: add me as metropolis-noir!

No comments: