Wednesday, December 30, 2009

end of the year revizzle.

I'm almost finished with the first book of my novel! I just have to finish writing it up and then I'll print it out to hand-edit it. I find having a paper thing to correct/fix/rewrite makes me feel a lot better. It's how I do the original writing, on a yellow legal pad. Usually sitting out on the lawn with a soda in hand. But delicious nonetheless.

I decided to do one of those memes that everyone else is doing, so here goes:

1) Was 2009 a good year for you?
It was a pretty good year. Not the best, but not nearly as bad as everyone else had it.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Julie's wedding, hands down. I had such an amazing time.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
I can't think of anything really too awful. Maybe there were a few times at work, but I don't even remember them.

4) Where were you when 2009 began?
Either at home or at Laurie's. I don't really remember. But not from drinking, I assure you.

5) Who were you with?
I uh, really don't remember. I suspect I was at my house by myself.

6) Where will you be when 2009 ends?
Great Escape!

7) Who will you be with when 2009 ends?
Wendy, Tom, and Laurie.

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2009?
Not really, no. But I made actual concrete plans to get those resolutions under way.

15) Did you break up with anyone in 2009?
Nope!

16) Did you make any new friends in 2009?
Yes! Emma, Melissa, all the wonderful girls at Colonie Center, all the new girls at Crossgates. I'm absolutely forgetting some people, but as usual I liked pretty damned well everyone I met.

17) Who are your favorite new friends?
Hmm, I don't like choosing. But was a blast when she was here. I miss her!

18) What was your favorite month of 2009?
July was super amazing.

19) Did you go abroad in 2009?
As usual, I went to Canada.

20) How many different states did you travel to in 2009?
um, I think I just went to New Jersey this year. And that was only via bus stopping in NJ. I did go to Ontario and Quebec though.

21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2009?
Thank god, no one died. I did lose a close friend, but I feel that was for the best.

22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Yes. All of you, you know who you are. Especially Theresa all the way out in Japan.

23) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2009?
Star Trek!

24) What was your favorite album from 2009?
I liked The Ting Tings' CD, but I also really liked Mika's new album.

26) How many concerts did you see in 2009?
4, I think, if I recall correctly. 1) Tom McRae in New York; 2) The Tragically Hip here in Albany; 3) Laura Pausini in Montreal; 4) Mike Doughty in Troy.

27) Did you have a favorite concert in 2009?
I'm not gonna choose. I loved Laura, the chance to see her live was like a dream come true. The Hip put on an amazing show as always and I got to meet all of them and Mike Doughty at their shows. And Tom McRae was fun as well. So no, no dice.

28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2009?
Only when I went out. That was like twice and I believe both times were Jen's fault ;)

29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2009?
I did the exact opposite -- Zero.

30) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Not that I recall.

32) What was the biggest lie you told in 2009?
I don't lie anymore. I do not recall telling any in 2009.

33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2009?
That someone was my friend when she really wasn't.

34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2009?
Not intentionally, but if I did, I really am sorry. I don't mean to do it.

35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2009?
Oh quite possibly.

36) How much money did you spend in 2009?
LOL, most of it.

37) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2009?
Either when I fell off the ladder at work, or when I dropped the bottle of ice wine in a crowded pharmacy in Montréal. I'm gonna go with the former cause I'll never see any of those people again.

38.) What is one thing you did in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Went to Canada and stayed overnight by myself.

39.) Did someone close to you give birth?
Christine did. My sister will next year.

40.) What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
My Peace Corps application completed.

41.) What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Heather's wedding June 6, 2009; Julie's wedding July 4, 2009.

42.) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a temporary promotion to work at the Colonie store this summer.

43.) What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing anything I started, be it Peace Corps application or getting my finances in order.

44.) Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fell off a ladder, whacked my wrist, and couldn't use it for a week and a half. I caught a nasty plague right around Thanksgiving and couldn't speak or stop coughing for a week.

45.) What was the best thing you bought?
My digital camera and my tickets to Laura Pausini. <3

46.) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Most of my friends'.

47.) Whose behavior made you appalled?
A certain ex-friend who remains nameless.

48.) Where did most of your money go?
Rent, trips. LOVE it.

49.) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Julie's wedding; Laura Pausini concert.

50.) Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or hardened?
Happier

b) thinner or fatter?
Thinner

c) richer or poorer?
Hmm, about even.

51.) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Volunteering.

52.) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting on my ass.

53.) How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Christmas with my parents, siblings, and niece.

54.) Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope.

55.) Any one-night stands?
Nope.

56.) What was your favorite TV program?
NCIS, Battlestar Galactica (RIP), Lost

57.) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people. I just choose not to speak to them or have anything to do with them. Life's too short for that.

58.) What was the best book you read?
Hmm, I loved the Kushiel series. We'll go with that.

59.) What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Ting Tings. That's about it, I've been out of the musical loop.

60.) What did you want and get?
A new digital camera.

61.) What did you want and not get?
Bookshelves.

62.) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Justin, Kim, and I went to Golden Dragon for our birthdays and I was 27.

63.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my finances in order and my Peace Corps application processing.

64.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Go to my store, buy off rack. Done.

65.) What kept you sane?
Lol, Sanity. Actually, reading did. I make sure to have a new book.

66.) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm a proud member of the Cavillry (Henry Cavill).

67.) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life's too short to hold grudges. Let them go, and you'll be happier.

No comments: