Wednesday, February 24, 2010

american Idol

Todrick Hall --Since U Been Gone (Kelly Clarkson)
-spoken word intro
-completely different version. Not my favourite genre but I can respect. Not a lot of punch to it though. What, Randy? You tell them to do a different version of a song, but then you get mad when they do?

Aaron Kelly - Here Comes Goodbye (Rascal Flatts)
If I don’t watch him I’m not annoyed by him. Pretty good song

Jermaine Sellers - Get Here (Olida(?) Adams)
I’m bored. Next?

Tim Urban - Apologize (One Republic)
Hmm, a little copy-cat esque. Oh ouch, that was a bad high note. Damn, this song is not in his wheelhouse /randy. As long as he stays away from the high notes he’s good.

Joe Munoz (didn’t catch the song)
Why the scarf? Like this guy’s voice.
Did Ellen actually say anything? 5705

Tyler Grady - American Woman (The Guess Who)
Hell yeah Canadian band. Looks like he’s having fun with it; good stage presence. Not the best vocals, but I enjoyed it.

Lee Dewyze - Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)
First to play an instrument. The guy’s wearing a Fatboy Slim tshirt, gotta give him some props. Ok, I’m down with this cover.

John Park - God Bless the Child
E-NUN-CI-ATE. GDI. I do like him a lot though. 5708 Best of the night, sry everyone else. Wow, they are h8ing on the guys. You can tell they’re pushing for a white chick to win the competition. To be fair, most of the dudes haven’t been that great so far.

Michael Lynche - This Love (Maroon 5)
Playing his guitar too. Don’t hate this. One of the better ones tonight. 5709

Alex Lambert - Wonderful World (James Morrison?)
Uh, this kid has a mullet. Also, yeah this kid doesn’t belong. Wow this is a copycat version of this song and it did not start out well. I can see the judges HATING it. Oh son, son that was a bad high note. “The Sir is silent,” YES Simon I LOVE YOU.

Casey James - Heaven (Bryan Adams)
What is it with the 80s hairdoes? They’re hairDON’Ts. This guy does a pretty good Bryan Adams but needs to lose some of the vibrato. I’m over the Kara lust thing because it’s getting OLD. Nice burn though, Simon. “I don’t care what this cougar thinks of you.”
Andrew Garcia - Sugar We’re Going Down (Fall Out Boy)
OH GODDAMN YES. I love this. Also his glasses. Favourite of the night.

Voted for: Andrew, John, Michael, Joe.

Who I think should be eliminated: Alex Lambert, Tim Urban.
Who I think WILL be eliminated: Joe Munoz, Alex Lambert.


Also, this is my 100th post on this blog. HOORAY!

No comments: