Tuesday, May 04, 2010

oh. my. frakking. television

HOKAY so we have a really important Lost episode to discuss in comments below and after the cut but I need to do my AI post real quick and get it out of the way.

Harry Connick Jr. is still a sexy, sexy man. Love him. And his organpiano. Also, why is Sir Anthony Hopkins in the audience? Did they finally lobotomize him?

As if you hadn't guessed, it is Big Band Night on Idol. Two caveats: 1) it's ALL His Way tonight as the top five take on Frank Sinatra. I was nervous as fuck for this for my bandwagon, so we'll see. Also, HCJ did the arrangements for each of the contestants, an idea I was 100% behind.

So first up:

Aaron Kelly - Fly Me to the Moon
A bit of a weak opening, but I actually enjoyed it. Might be a dark horse spoiler, coming in third after all!

Casey James - Blue Skies
Still very goat-like, but if you can get pa-wait, forget it, I can't get past GoatBoy. I don't like it. Even HCJ hated it. You can tell. FINALLY Kara gets a cluebyfour. "You sound like a lamb." I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS EVEN BEFORE VOTE FOR THE WORST DID, PEOPLE.

Crystal Bowersox - Summer Wind
She knocks this one out of the ballpark. ALso I want her dress. Also, I lvoe this. I don't know if I agree with the judges.

Michael Lynche - The Way You Look Tonight
I was waiting for the inevitable Broadway comparisons, but I didn't get any. Well-sung.

Lee DeWyze - That'S Life
I was nervous for my boy, and starting to get bored with him, but he OWNED it. Like that was a star-making performance. Ladies and gentlemen, if you need your Idol Bandwagon, this is the train to hitch your wagon to. He doesn't hold a candle to Mr David Cook, but he is quite special.

Best: Lee
Worst: Casey
Bottom 2: Casey & Aaron. Casey goes home.


THIS IS YOUR SPOILER WARNING













OH MY FRAKKING GOD.

FIRST KATE NEARLY GETS SHOT
THEN SHE DOES GET SHOT FINALLY AFTER SIX YEARS OF ME ASKING FOR HER TO GET SHOT




AND SHE STILL DOES NOT DIE!

FUCK YOU LOST, FOR TAKING AWAY SUN AND JIN, HOW DARE YOU? HDU! OH MY GOD I MAY HAVE GOTTEN SOME JEARS IN MY EYE. AND FOR ONCE, MATTHEW FOX USES JEARS FOR A GOOD PURPOSE. OH MY GOD THAT WAS SIMPLY AMAZING.

AND THE REVELATION THAT LOCKE IN SIDEWAYS WORLD NEARLY KILLED HIMSELF AND HIS OWN FATHER, INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY ROUND. OH MAN. AND SAYID :( DESMOND FIXED HIM TO BE A SUICIDE BOMBER TO SAVE LIVES.

OH MY GOD LOST, IF THIS IS THE ENDGAME AND ONLY THE BEGINNING OF SUCH WHAT DO YOU HAVE LEFT IN STORE FOR ME? GDI!

THOUGHTS?

No comments: