Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stupid Dunkin Donuts. Someone build me a Tim Horton's ASAP.

So I got a package of coupons from Dunkin Donuts a couple of weeks ago and I was all excited cause it's free shit. Like a free coffee every Wednesday (which I gave to my friend Laura cause I didn't think I would use it). And I clipped two specific coupons to use today: the buy one get one free hash browns and 99c medium winter beverage (dunkacino here I come!).

I went to the one on Madison, which has the novelty factor of being inside a quasi strip mall. See, inside this building is a Chinese food place, a Subway, and a DD. It's a little strange, but cool. So I got in line and waited patiently. I get up to the register and the lady tells me I can't use both coupons. No big, I'll just get the hashbrowns and an iced coffee instead of the winter drink. Then she asks me about my free coffee coupon, which is when I remembered it was Wednesday. I told her I didn't have it cause I gave it to someone else, figuring I would never come IN on a Wednesday. So I get my order in and hand her my debit card. THEN she tells me that credit cards aren't working. OHH GOOOD. /bale

Needless to say, I didn't get any hashbrowns or iced coffees. I settled for an asiago sourdough pretzel from Borders and a caramel frappucino from Starbucks. Stupid Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment:

LB said...

It's like an indoor strip mall.

I wish I had tons of money to invest in things so I could buy the rights to have local Tim Horton's franchises. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE.