Friday, June 04, 2010

holding up this fortress with imaginary horses

I feel neglected and need commentary, dammit. Is it because it ends up crossposted to blogspot/FB? I get more comments over there. Is this thing on? ;)

Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - A song that makes you happy
Day 03 - A song that makes you sad
Day 04 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 05 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 07 - A song that you can dance to
Day 08 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 09 - A song from your favorite band
Day 10 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 11 - A song that describes you
Day 12 - A song from your favorite album
Day 13 - A song that you listen to when you're angry
Day 14 - A song that you listen to when you're happy
Day 15 - A song that you listen to when you're sad
Day 16 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 17 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh

There are two songs that describe me pretty well but it's the same theme in each, and they're both female singers, so I'm gonna go with the easy (read: lazy) choice. Ahh, what did we do in the days before youtube?



Every. goddamned. word of this song is me. You don't really understand how much this is me, from the begininng line "grew up in a small town" to the theme of wanting to leave and see the world. "I'll do what it takes til I touch the sky." But I won't forget all the ones that I love. I just don't even know, you guys. This song is exactly, down to each syllable, every example completely and utterly my life. There couldn't be a better song that sums me up in a nutshell.






I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and break away. But I gotta keep moving on, moving on, fly away. <3 But I won't forget the place I come from.


(In case you were wondering, this was the other song I considered. It's the same theme but less Ehjay.)

No comments: