Thursday, June 17, 2010

yeah life's like this

Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - A song that makes you happy
Day 03 - A song that makes you sad
Day 04 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 05 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 07 - A song that you can dance to
Day 08 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 09 - A song from your favorite band
Day 10 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 11 - A song that describes you
Day 12 - A song from your favorite album
Day 13 - A song that you listen to when you're angry
Day 14 - A song that you listen to when you're happy
Day 15 - A song that you listen to when you're sad
Day 16 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 17 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 19 - Your least favorite song
Day 20 - A song that you know all the words to
Day 21 - A song from a band you hate
Day 22 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 23 - A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 24 - A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 25 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 - A song from your childhood
Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year

Oooh, we're back to the hard questions again. I try to let the songs I don't like anymore slip from my memory, because life's too short and there are too many new songs out there to be enjoyed. But I gotta pick one. Got damn this is hard. Even the stuff I loved as a kid, I still love ironically. I find some songs are overplayed and there are some that I won't listen to anymore because I'm tired of them (I put Celine Dion down for a while because she was oversaturated).

No wait, I know! (This whole post has been brought to you by stream of consciousness.)

Time to go back to the WayBack Machine! In the summer of 2001 I worked in the Electronics Dept. of Ames Department stores. And we had this tape on a loop that played the latest in CDs and movies (DVDs AND VHS!) And there was this song on there that caught my ears occasionally and I kinda loved it. Since I lived in the middle of nowhere and didn't have continuous internet access at that time I didn't know how much ~controversy~ this young woman had stirred up, I just knew she was from a town near mine on the other side of the river and that was cool enough for me.

Now? I can't stand this song or her and her stupid cat ear hoodie she wore as a "judge" for the auditions this year. (Girlfriend is a different story because that song I love in an ironic sense).

So prepare to make your ears bleed:
[Facebook Readers - this is Avril Lavigne's Complicated.]

1 comment:

Kevin Marshall said...

I like "Girlfriend" only because one of my nieces (who was like 3 when the song came out) loved it and used to walk around singing "HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRL'S NAME"