Friday, June 25, 2010

Love it when a plan comes together.

I had the strangest dream. It involved Monique (who I have yet to meet IRL) planning to drive from Manitoba to Albany to go to a park in Wisconsin. So she's on her way and my mom, who doesn't live in Albany wakes me up to tell me not to go. I tell her I'm going anyway, and I let Monique in the door. She's wearing leggings and a green outfit I remember well from NY&Co, and is nearly 6'3". She stands in the kitchen washing dishes while I talk to my mom about her. She introduces herself as from Minnesota, then corrects herself and says Manitoba. I make a joke about saying that to the customs officers, and my mom laughs. Then as we're going to the car, she says "I got you tickets to the new movie of Footloose, and it starts at 8, so don't forget." I remind her we're going to Wisconsin and we won't have time for the movie, and she hands me three checks instead, made out for 50, 50, and 100 dollars respectively, but in the name is printed "OH NO" in all caps, in a computer font. She says to use them well, and I woke up.

What the fuck, brain? I suspect that it was its way of reminding me that me and Chrissy were going to see the A-Team again tonight, but the rest of it I don't get. Sorry you got dragged into my dream world, Monique.

So guess what, it's meme time!

Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - A song that makes you happy
Day 03 - A song that makes you sad
Day 04 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 05 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 07 - A song that you can dance to
Day 08 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 09 - A song from your favorite band
Day 10 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 11 - A song that describes you
Day 12 - A song from your favorite album
Day 13 - A song that you listen to when you're angry
Day 14 - A song that you listen to when you're happy
Day 15 - A song that you listen to when you're sad
Day 16 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 17 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh
Day 19 - Your least favorite song
Day 20 - A song that you know all the words to
Day 21 - A song from a band you hate
Day 22 - A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 23 - A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 24 - A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 25 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 26 - A song you can play on an instrument
Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 - A song from your childhood
Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year

A song that makes me guilty? How? I can't even remotely think of a song that would make me feel guilty. I own up to most of the stuff I did nowadays -- I never used to but I do now, and I am trying to become a better person for that. So I don't feel regret and I don't feel guilty about anything. Whatever happened happened.

So I think I'll change this one too. This one will be "A song that reminds me of work."
This one is inspired by my BFF Chrissy, because I spent the evening chilling with her.





This is Patrick Wolf's "The Magic Position."

No comments: