Sunday, June 06, 2010

the light is electric yeah

Today's entry is brought to you by the fact that I am missing the skin off half my right foot. Story continues after today's meme.

Day 01 - Your favorite song
Day 02 - A song that makes you happy
Day 03 - A song that makes you sad
Day 04 - A song that reminds you of someone
Day 05 - A song that reminds of you of somewhere
Day 06 - A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 07 - A song that you can dance to
Day 08 - A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 09 - A song from your favorite band
Day 10 - A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 11 - A song that describes you
Day 12 - A song from your favorite album
Day 13 - A song that you listen to when you're angry
Day 14 - A song that you listen to when you're happy
Day 15 - A song that you listen to when you're sad
Day 16 - A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 17 - A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 18 - A song that makes you laugh

Oh this one's easy. It wasn't easy when I was thinking about it a few days ago, knowing it was coming up, but it played on my mp3 player and I realized it was perfect for this meme. So enjoy:


For facebook readers, the video is Seether's FMLYHM.

It's such a bitter, jaded, and angry song which sums up Seether's entire repertoire, but if I recall correctly this entire album was a reply to the lead singer breaking up with Amy Lee of Evanescence. She of course started it with the album "The Open Door," so you know. If you're famous musicians you gotta fight your breakups through music, it's only logical. (Note: this is not sarcasm).

I'm ambivalent about Seether. They know how to rock, but they also tend to be pretty damned misogynistic with their lyrics and it bothers me to listen to some of it. How do you feel about them?

So I'm missing skin from the top of my foot and here's why: I was moving my stuff around today to try to make my room more habitable. I positioned the bed where I wanted it except that it was half on top of some boxes that I'd neglected to move out the way. So I did the logical thing, and shoved the boxes over to the right. Forgot my foot was underneath, so when the bed dropped it hit my foot.

This didn't scrape my foot, I'll have you know. What happened next did. My left foot slipped and I fell onto the bed, throwing my entire weight on the bed on top of my foot. That uh, kinda hurt. And removed a layer of skin. Ouch.

No comments: