Tuesday, January 06, 2009

On books and of endings.

So I'm going to apply for this position, which thanks to the heads up from Jen , I learned about tonight.

I'm still working on my Peace Corps application, but I have no idea how to find out how much / where my student loans are from. Any ideas? I know where two of them are but there is more money than those two.

Some of you may have heard that LJ is making some cutbacks. While I don't anticipate it shutting down anytime soon, I decided that I will also be crossposting entries not only to Facebook, but to my much neglected Blogspot. You're welcome to follow me on both. Or not.

In other news, Borders sent me a 40% off coupon on a book as long as you spent $20, and I had a $10 gift card. I think you can see where this is going. I ended up getting Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky, and The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. This is on top of the books I just ordered that should be here in a couple of days: The Children of Henry VIII, by Alison Weir; A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini; and Water for Elephants: A Novel, by Sara Gruen.

This is on top of the fact that I am still waiting to read Across a Hundred Mountains, by Reyna Grande and Four Queens: The Provencal Sisters Who Ruled Europe, by Nancy Goldstone. Um yeah. I have a minor book addiction?

No comments: