Tuesday, March 23, 2010

americAn idol post & lost recaps (lost is at the bottom so you don't get spoiled)

I am so tired but I want to pound out this recap before I go to bed. I'm not gonna cut the AI stuff and will cut the Lost part, because I'm lazy like that.

I liked the original theme they picked for this week: Teen Idols. Instead they gave us Miley Cyrus as a guest mentor and Billboard #1 Hits as a theme. THat's just mean. Plus she and Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato, whoever the fuck they are are performing tomorrow night.

Lee DeWyze - The Letter (The Box Tops)
aka the song that every. male. contestant. ever. has to sing during Hollywood week
Lounge singer lite. Also I feel that this arrangement sucks. If he'd done a rock version of it it would have matched his vocals.

WHAT IS WITH THE SIMON/KARA TOUCHING

Paige Davis - Against All Odds Fffffffffffff Slezak keeps calling her Paige Miles Davis so I have no idea what her real last name is. ALso this is apparently Mariah Carey's version of Phil Collins' song. Apparently Paige got her voice back. The bad one, at any rate. Also, Miley drank some of Simon's "We Love Paige-aid." Simon seems to have quit cold turkey though.

Tim Urban - Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Queen.
OH DEAR GOD, I wrote when Ryan announced it. This is boring but it doesn't suck. Jonas Bro Lite jumped into the audience. I uh, don't hate it though. Ellen said what I was thinking - High School Musical 4.

Aaron Kelly - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, Aerosmith.
HEY
HEY AMERICAN IDOL
HEY
DO YOU REMEMBER WHO DID THIS SONG
AND DID IT WAY BETTER?
THAT'S RIGHT, MY AMERICAN IDOL, DAVID COOK.
(I feel like I didn't hate it. Also, Swaybots are go. Also also I feel like someone did a country version similar to this. Also also also I was thinking David Archuleta, which means that Seacrest has hacked onto mine and Simon's wavelenght.)

Crystal Bowersox - Me and Bobby McGee, Janis Joplin
I feel this was a predictable choice, but she blew it out of the water as usual. Does Crystal really know who Miley Cyrus is? "Strong powerful women signed this guitar. Also, Miley Cyrus."

Mike Lynche - When a Man Loves a Woman, Michael Bolton.
I gotta admit, I'm on the Big Mike bandwagon. He's consistently good and while it's nothing I would rush out and buy in stores, I'm liking it. Randy, don't touch Ellen, you are not Simon and Kara.

Andrew Garcia - I heard it through the grapevine, Marvin Gaye
This was a hot mess. Simon had it right when he said we overestimated this dude. You know who would be awesome on Idol right now?



Yah that's right, Alex Lambert, my Mulleted Wonder.

Katie Stevens - Big Girls Don't Cry (Fergie)
For Katie Miley is an excellent choice of mentor. Just stay away from stripper poles though, Katie. Katie sounds like a country-ish Fergie and I don't hate it. Kara seems to be pulling a Paula, if I'm not mistaken. "Chalk and Cheese," Simon? Even me and my Simon-to-English dictionary can't figure this one out.

HEY
HEY SIMON AND KARA
STOP IT
IT'S NOT FUNNY

Casey James - Power of Love Huey Lewis and the News
The vibrato isn't as annoying and that makes me feel better. HOwever there is nothing interesting to this performance. He needs to put the guitar down. Also, Ellen, how can you forget Crystal? Simon, it's not just you, I'm back on Team Simon.

Did Benami - You're No Good, Linda Ronstadt
Not really liking this as much as I liked last week's. This is boring. Although I feel like she almost started crying at the judges.

Siobhan Magnus - Superstition, Stevie Wonder.
Wasn't there a movement to ban Stevie from Idol? Also is it wrong that I voted for her before I heard her song choice or her performance? (I watch on tape delay). Siobhan's hair is a bird, your argument is invalid. I feel that through the medium of hair she is expressing the loss of her fallen colleagues. first Katelyn, now Lacey. I fear if Big Mike gets kicked off if she'll go all Sinead O'Connor on us.

PS- It has come to my understanding that Siobhan is a HANSON stan. Those of you who know what I mean, how does this affect your perception of her?








OK can we just say how much i am in love with richard alpert right now, and also hurley a little bit too?

once we got over the hokey exposition to set up ricardo's background, there was nothing better than this episode. i kept getting a feeling in the pit of my stomach at every turn in the episode. first the man in black appeared and used the same lines to richard that dogen told sayid a couple of episodes prior.

the way they twisted and used poor richard as their pawn, it just kept shaking my perception of the show and what we know to be true/false. and the end revelation that the man in black will kill the candidates that ilana's there to protect, even though she doesn't know how and which one of the kwans she is supposed to cover.

i could watch this episode over and over again. this was one of those amazing, battlestar galactica-esque episodes that made that show so amazing to me to begin with. i also feel that it would make a good standalone to introduce someone to the show, as weird as that might seem.

so oh my god tell me your feelings on this episode and how awesome richard was. best episode of the season (thus far). LOVE IT.

No comments: