Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TV survey (in which I reveal how much freaking TV I watch)

Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Firefly. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Star Trek: The Next Generation. Gee, I wonder what my preferred genre is.

Name a (current) show you can't miss:
American Idol. SHUT UP.

Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Nathan Fillion (why I watch Castle); Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell. I watched the first three episodes of the ill-fated Bionic Woman purely for Katee Sackhoff and suffered through two or three episodes of Nip/Tuck for the same reason.
I'm less likely to follow actors than show creators, although I must admit I never did watch Dollhouse. I'm strictly a JJ Abrams kind of girl.

Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
Kelsey Grammer. He will never be anyone else but Frasier Crane. And Sideshow Bob. ALso I find Zach Braff extremely annoying even though I like Scrubs.

Name a show you can, and do, quote from:
Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, NCIS, Pinky & the Brain, many cartoons from when I was a kid.

Name a show you like that no one else enjoys:
Border Wars on National Geographic.

Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song:
I sing Captain Planet, Pinky & the Brain, and if it gets stuck in my brain the Theme to Enterprise. (I got faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith of the heart)

Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch:
Battlestar Galactica. I can't get over how amazing this show is and how relevant it is to our lives today. It hit a few rough notes, but I lived and died by that show more than I have anything I have ever watched or read, save for The Count of Monte Cristo.

Name a TV series you own:
The only complete series I own is Firefly. I almost have the complete series for Battlestar Galactica.

What is your favourite episode of your favourite series?
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: In the Pale Moonlight. One of the best episodes of TV ever. This is another show that (if you skip to season 4) hit its stride and is completely relevant to today's society, despite ending in 1999.
Battlestar Galactica: the Miniseries is amazing, and 33 is the best launch to any series ever.

A show you mean to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet:
Pretty much anything that Kristen watches: Burn Notice, Dexter, The Wire (that's Laurie's pick), White Collar, Supernatural (I guess, if I have to)

Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
I TRIED TO QUIT LOST AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME. JERKS. NOW I'M ATTACHED.

Name a show you aren't interested in watching, not in the least:
Modern Family, Community (I tried one episode, I am SO SORRY JOEL MCHALE), Dollhouse, 24

Name a show that's made you cry multiple times:
Battlestar Galactica. I shed buckets for this show. WATCH IT NOW.

Oldest TV show you like?
I loved Get Smart! and Hogan's Heroes; I lived on reruns of I Dream of Jeannie. I wish there was a channel that showed all these shows and not the shows *I* grew up with.

Newest TV show you like?
Border Wars. Again, if you get NatGeo, watch it! It's so compelling.

What do you eat when you watch TV?
Dinner. Whatever I made that evening. Dinnertime=my TV time.

How often do you watch TV?
3h a night, but not every night. So maybe 12hr/wk.

Do you have a favorite talk show?
I love The Soup, and I think Craig Ferguson is HILARIOUS.

What's the last TV show you watched?
I watched American Idol.

What's your favourite/preferred genre of TV?
It's a tie between police procedurals and sci-fi.

What's your least favourite genre of TV?
Reality TV. Excepting AI.

What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
I remember being very excited for Next Generation. That was my first TV show.

What TV show do you wish you never watched?
I'd like that one hour I watched Grey's Anatomy back.

What's the weirdest show you enjoyed?
The Nanny?

What TV show scared you the most?
X-Files. Goddamn they had the creepiest shit on that show.

What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
This will sound stupid but The George Lopez Show. I used to try to have it on while I fell asleep and I couldn't cause I was laughing so hard.

Which do you think is the best TV series ever made?
I really really really really really think that it's Battlestar Galactica.

No comments: